Background on issues from other sources (2012)
- Variety of fact sheets and handouts on campaign finance and voter rights from Democracy NC.
- Economic Status of Women in NC – Key Findings, from Institute for Women’s Policy Research via NC Council for Women.
- NWLC Fact Sheets from the National Women’s Law Center
- 2012-2013 Draft Women’s Agenda from NC Women United
A set of issue papers with legislative recommendations on items apt to come before the next session of the NC Legislature.
- YWCA Issues that Matter: Download a guide discussing 15 different issues from Affirmative Action to Voter Protection. For each issue there are suggested questions to post to candidates.
- HERVotes: a coalition of women’s organizations, representing millions of women, formed to counter the attacks on women’s economic and health security. The goal is to mobilize women voters in 2012 around preserving women’s Health and Economic Rights (HER rights.) Programs include publicizing the threats to long-standing advances for women through blog carnivals and other collective action.
- Equal Pay references from AAUW (American Association of University Women).