Election 2016 is fast approaching and it is time once again to get out our pens and paper and send letters to other women in North Carolina. Just as we did in 2014, NC Women Matter (NCWM) is coordinating a non-partisan, grassroots letter writing campaign and we are asking you to participate. Many of you joined us in 2014 and we welcome you again. For those of you are hearing about this for the first time, we know you will enjoy both the civic engagement and the social networking.
We need your help to reach out to women across the state and get out the informed female vote in 2016.
We will be writing letters to other women about some of the key issues that impact women, why their vote matters and urge them to go to the polls in November. This is one of the best ways for women to have a positive impact and insure a substantial turnout in the mid-term election.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Click here, and sign up
- You will be asked a few questions and will be e-mailed a tool kit and all the information needed to participate in the letter writing campaign.
- You will receive a list names and addresses of women who will need a nudge to get out and vote in November. You can tell us how many women you want to write. (We are making efforts to send you names and addresses of women in your county or region.)
- When you receive your names, start writing.
- If you are working with a group or hosting a letter writing house party, you will receive a larger number of names.
- You will be asked to let us know when you have completed and sent all your letters.
Please do consider hosting a letter writing house party and bring a group of women together to write letters with you. This is efficient, effective, and a great motivational approach and importantly involves more women in the process.
Also, please forward this email on to other interested people to spread the word across North Carolina. With all of us working together NC Women will make a difference.
NC Women Matter is coordinating the campaign with the help of Democracy-NC. Please don’t hesitate to contact either, Mary Klenz, the campaign coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Orrange at email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for all you do and for your willingness to contribute your time to this very important effort. Remember, the only thing you cannot do is nothing.