On Friday, May 16, with remarks from Tazra Mitchell, Tara Romano, and Irene Mitchell led a preview of the 2014 short session of the NC General Assembly.
You’ve got three ways to listen to the call. For all of these you probably want to skip the first 3 minutes and 30 seconds, a recording of the participants gathering.
- Download the call to your MP3 player via link to recording
- Listen to the call on your computer (if your browser supports this): (Click in the progress bar to move the current listening point)
- Use your telephone to hear the recording bycalling 1-626-677-3003 (long distance)access code 901826 (playback controls)
Here are links to resources mentioned on the call
- NC Policy Watch’s Legislative Preview of the Short Session
- BTC’s overview of the Governor’s budget and a breakdown of how he pays for the budget
- Here is the link to the Equal Pay Act, filed by the House
- EITC petition and new co-released report on the EITC. Also, see this cool interactive map to see how the state EITC benefits your community.
- NC Women United report card on 2013 session
Watch for updates about NC Women Matter Conference Calls every other Friday through the short session.