Here are links for more information on this morning’s call.
You’ve got three ways to listen to the call. For all of these you probably want to skip the first 5 minutes and 30 seconds, a recording of the participants gathering.
- Download the call to your MP3 player via link to recording
- Listen to the call on your computer (if your browser supports this):
(Click in the progress bar to move the current listening point)
- Use your telephone to hear the recording by
calling 1-626-677-3003 (long distance)
access code 883066 (playback controls)
- Summary of 2013 report from Department of Labor on the wage gap: still 77 cents
- Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Fall 2013)
- North Carolina Pay Gap by Congressional District
- Graduating to a Pay Gap (it starts early, folks!)
- $tart $mart workshops to train college women to address the wage gap
- Text of Mary’s Remarks
Information from Rachel Lyons, MomsRising, on the FAMILY Act (upcoming federal legislation)
- Fact sheet on National Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program
- Background article on plans from Sen. Gillibrand (NY)
- MomsRising and others have talked to Sen. Hagan’s staff about co-sponsoring this legislation. Watch for an alert, or write to her directly to request her support.
Information from Sabine Schoenbach, NC Justice Center, on the state of working women in North Carolina:
- State of Working North Carolina 2013
- Time for a Raise – The impact of raising the minimum wage on NC’s working families and the economy
- Family and Medical Leave Act – 20 Years Later
- Support Restaurant Workers (tipped minimum wage)
- NC Workers’ Bill of Rights (some of the legislation introduced in 2013)
- NC Families Care Coalition (consider joining!)
If you want to bring training on women’s rights in the workplace to a group in your community, contact Beth Messersmith at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Justice Center and MomsRising offer free training for gatherings of women across the state. Childcare and dinner are provided.
If you missed the call, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get updates in the future.